Subject: Re: Problems booting: no file system for sd0
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/2004 17:17:45
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> Sun OpenBoot Firmware (IEEE 1275) is pretty smart. It is basically a Forth
> interpreter with some standard program code and a device tree database
> already loaded. It tells us what devices are present and therefore what
> devices to attach device drivers to, and loads up our primary boot block.
>
> The boot path is interpreted by that, in addition to the NetBSD boot code,
> and the NetBSD kernel.

So, I guess I should have been more clear in my question:

The primary boot blocks appear to be found, and somewhere it thinks that
the the bootpath uses device /dev/sd0h rather than /dev/sd0a (if that's
what the trailing letter means in:
bootpath:/iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd@3,0:h). I couldn't figure it out
looking at the install docs for sparc NetBSD-1.6, man 8 disklabel,
man 8 mbrlabel, and man 8 installboot.

Is there some way to change the "h" to "a"?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com