Subject: Re: ssh / sshd
To: David Reichelt <freud-schiller@gmx.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/06/2004 14:08:39
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 01:09:11PM +0200, David Reichelt wrote:
> i changed from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2, with standard installation.
> i put a "sshd=yes" in the rc.conf. and when i try to connect after a reboot
> it takes 1,5 minute to get to the position where a can enter my login and my
> password, after that long time, everything works fine... so where is my
> mistake? do i have to change to /etc/service? i dont no, please help...

The ssh default is now to use the sshv2 protocol - to improve security.
If you try "ssh -1 <host>" it should establish the conection as fast as
it used to.

If you have a v8 sparc, you might improve the situation by recompiling
userland with apropriate gcc options (I use -mv8 -mtune=supersparc for my
sparc LX), and by making sure your /etc/ld.so.conf has

libc.so.12      machdep.cpu_arch        8:libsparc_v8.so.0,libc.so.12   9:libsparc_v8.so.0,libc.so.12

(but I'm actually not sure this has already been supported in 1.6.2)

Martin