Subject: Re: SPARCstation 5 devices
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/19/2004 01:47:16
[bogus linebreaks removed -dM]
>     slavioconfig at obio0 slot 0 offset 0x800000 not configured
>     SUNW,bpp at sbus0 slot 5 offset 0xc800000 level 2 (ipl 3) not configured
>     power-management at sbus0 slot 4 offset 0xa000000 not configured

> ...I remember seeing the slavioconfig and power-management messages
> with the generic kernel, but not the SUNW one.

These refer to things that exist in the OF device tree but for which
the kernel has no driver that claims them.

For slavioconfig and power-management, this is (AIUI) normal.

For SUNW,bpp, this means that your kernel has the bpp driver disabled,
which in turn means your parallel port is not usable.  (Whether this is
a bad thing, of course, depends on whether you want to use it.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign