Subject: re: time to fold GENERIC.MP into GENERIC?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/30/2004 00:12:29
   By that logic, we should also answer PR port-sparc/9383 in the
   affirmative, then, and provide kernel configs for SUN4, SUN4C, and
   SUN4M, since in the GENERIC kernel, all MMU accesses are slower
   because of an additional function pointer indirection and other
   tests.

sure.  "show me the code."  :-)

if you can do this in a sane way such that the SUN4x kernels are
generated from GENERIC (or GENERIC is also generated from a new
file.)   the atari & amiga ports do something like this, we can
probably just steal their technology.

as i'm sure the PR said, these machine-specific kernel configs
used to exist, but they were not maintained, so they were removed.
if they're all generated then that won't be an issue....

.mrg.