Subject: re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc
To: None <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/14/2004 19:18:33
   On 13.04.04, 22:58:57, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

   > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:16:24 +1000, matthew green writes:
   > >but this box seems mostly stable to me now, modulo a few kernel messages.
   >
   > Excellent - I have 4 x RT625 @ 100MHz for my SS20 (only 2 installed
   > right now).  Hmm I wonder if 4 cpu's is a good idea with summer
   > comming ;-)

   An interesting related question: can you mix SuperSPARC (TI) and
   HyperSPARC (Ross) CPUs? I have been running an SS20 for some months
   with 60MHz SuperSPARC plus 75MHz SuperSPARC-II without problems,
   but could I add, say, a Twin HyperSPARC 50MHz to an existing
   SuperSPARC 60MHz?

i haven't tried but i'd expect the PROM not to let this work...

certainly, netbsd may be unhappy about it too...