Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/14/2004 10:23:02
On 13.04.04, 22:58:57, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:16:24 +1000, matthew green writes:
> >but this box seems mostly stable to me now, modulo a few kernel messages.
>
> Excellent - I have 4 x RT625 @ 100MHz for my SS20 (only 2 installed
> right now).  Hmm I wonder if 4 cpu's is a good idea with summer
> comming ;-)

An interesting related question: can you mix SuperSPARC (TI) and
HyperSPARC (Ross) CPUs? I have been running an SS20 for some months
with 60MHz SuperSPARC plus 75MHz SuperSPARC-II without problems,
but could I add, say, a Twin HyperSPARC 50MHz to an existing
SuperSPARC 60MHz?

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Where do you want to have the power to serve, tomorrow?
		-- Tom Harvey