Subject: X11 colormap on Sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/07/2004 15:16:10
This isn't really a SParc-specific question but it's the Sparc port
that is probably most affected.

The problem: if I use xv to put a nice pic in the root window and
then start up dillo (the web browser) the graphics in the web pages
are all messed up, kind of like a thermal image. However, if I
start dillo first and then display the xroot pic things tend to
look OK. I've tried about every applicable xv command-line option
but none seem to solve the problem.

My current work-around is to clear the xroot window pic to a solid
color, start dillo, then rewrite the pic after dillo closes: actually
looks kinda neat when scripted as the root window pic appears
briefly like a chia pet!  Still, I'd like to figure out how to
force dillo to use the default(?) color map if possible. I've found
very little on the web but that's probably because I don't really
know what I'm looking for; probably some sort of Xresource thing,
no?

Ref:
- current xv entry in ~/.xinitrc:
# xv -root -rmode 5 ~/.logo.jpg -quit

- current plateform specs:
Sparc 5 (170MHz) + CG 6 framebuffer
Sparc Monitor - model GBM-1962b
NetBSD-1.6.1 + GENERIC kernel

Cheers,
Beaker
--
[ SiMpLe MaChInEs ] --> gopher://beaker.mdns.org
   or (via proxy)