Subject: NetBSD on an SS1k
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon <k_m34@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2004 08:01:39
A <a
href="http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2003/09/29/0005.html">message
from several moons ago</a> showed some progress on getting sun4d
machines going.  Has there been anymore progress, or is my 6 cpu/896MB
RAM SS1k gonna be stuck in Solaris forever? ;)  Heck, not even Debian
would boot on it, but it did load a kerenel before it crashed which is
alot further further than NetBSD 1.6.1 did.  I have little idea how to
get -current running, esp. from Solaris.  Anyone even have a simple
kernel that I can try to boot from CD to see how far this loud, windy,
boehmouth can boot it?

=====
-

Jon.