Subject: re: JavaStation Krups XServer does not start
To: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/2004 14:08:18
   > The XFree86 Xserver appears to have been built, which is good I guess,
   > but I'm having problems building Xprt and Xsun* and Xvfb, in that they
   > are all complaining about a missing GetTimeInMillis() function.

   > I can find two in the xfree sources, one in
   > $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/os/utils.c and the other in
   > $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Io.c, DDXTIME
   > being defined determines which version is included, and I think it is
   > defined currently so the version in the latter file is used. I suspect
   > rebuilding with DDXTIME undefined would cause the inverse with
   > everything except XFree86 building. Any ideas there?

   Does it make sense to build Xsun* servers for Krups?  If not I would suggest
   just throwing a knob in Makefile.common that causes it to build XFree86 only
   and leaving DDXTIME defined for all.

krups is a sparc, and we want "netbsd/sparc" to build all the
relevant Xservers for sparc, so that now means Xsun* & XFree86,
we need to support that...

   If not one alternative is to split the GetTimeInMillis() into a separate file
   in os.  It will be pulled in by Xsun* and friends when libos.a is listed and
   should not be pulled in by XFree86 since it should be resolved before libos.a
   is listed.  (I think)

hopefully this works :)