Subject: Re: JavaStation Krups XServer does not start
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/2004 14:34:00
> The XFree86 Xserver appears to have been built, which is good I guess,
> but I'm having problems building Xprt and Xsun* and Xvfb, in that they
> are all complaining about a missing GetTimeInMillis() function.

> I can find two in the xfree sources, one in
> $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/os/utils.c and the other in
> $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Io.c, DDXTIME
> being defined determines which version is included, and I think it is
> defined currently so the version in the latter file is used. I suspect
> rebuilding with DDXTIME undefined would cause the inverse with
> everything except XFree86 building. Any ideas there?

Does it make sense to build Xsun* servers for Krups?  If not I would suggest
just throwing a knob in Makefile.common that causes it to build XFree86 only
and leaving DDXTIME defined for all.

If not one alternative is to split the GetTimeInMillis() into a separate file
in os.  It will be pulled in by Xsun* and friends when libos.a is listed and
should not be pulled in by XFree86 since it should be resolved before libos.a
is listed.  (I think)