Subject: Re: JavaStation Krups XServer does not start
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/2004 00:45:04
--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

* Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> [2004-02-18 19:47:28]:
>=20
> > nbmtree: ./usr/share/doc/html/ntp: No such file or directory
> > nbmtree: failed at line 11743 of the specification
> > ./maketars: line 145: 28130 Broken pipe             cat $metalog 2>/dev=
/null
> > maketars: mtree parse of  failed
> >=20
> > That directory does appear to exist in my destdir.sparc root so I'm
> > not sure what's going on there.
>=20
> It should not exist, as ntp's html docs were purged from the tree.

Yup, a bit of fluff in my tree, sorted now. Thanks.

It appears my arm^Wsparc_video.c needs a bit of work as on closer
inspection, it's doing things that are probably invalid on the Krups
hardware, such as mmap()ing 0xA000, etc. I've commented out most of it
for now to just leave it with empty functions. Any pointers here would
be helpful as I really don't know the Krups hardware that well (yet :-).

Unfortunately, I was hoping that at least scanpci(1) would run to
iterate over the PCI bus to list the devices, as that should mean the
the XFree86 PCI code should be working but it wedges the Krups hard.
=46rom what I can read of the source, the NetBSD PCI code should just open
/dev/pci0 so it shouldn't need any of the mmap() bits from my
sparc_video.c file yet anyway.

I also tried a quick test program using libpci to perform
'pci_conf_print( fd, 0, 1, 0 )' which should be the framebuffer PCI
device IIRC, and that also makes my Krups lock up, but the same code
works okay on my Alpha, (the other PCI NetBSD machine I have).

Is there a bigger problem using /dev/pci0 perhaps?

Matt
--=20
"The theory of Space and Time is a cultural artefact made possible by
the invention of graph paper."

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--