Subject: Re: JavaStation Krups XServer does not start
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/2004 04:45:12
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:17:28 +0000, Matt Dainty wrote:

> Next, I hit a hardcoded error in the xfree source that this arch/OS has
> no PCI support, this is in
> $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/Pci.h. My
> guess was to remove the restriction of only sparc64 platforms in the
> NetBSD sparc section, hopefully the #defines we end up using are
> correct for sparc as well as sparc64?

Yes, I think you can just drop the "&& defined(__sparc64__)" from that
#elif.

> Bit further on I'm now hitting errors in
> $X11SRC/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/bsd_kbd.c
> for defines for LED_{CAP,NUM,SCR} which look to be resolved by adding
> -DWSCONS_SUPPORT to the build, but AFAIK wscons is not available for
> sparc right?

Krups does use wscons, so -DWSCONS_SUPPORT is correct.

> I'm now not sure as macppc and cats define SRCS.bsd to contain
> {ppc,arm}_video.c as well as other extra files. Do we need a
> sparc_video.c file here? I saw there's a sparc64_video.c file which
> doesn't seem to contain much that I guess it could be adapted/copied?

Hmm, I think arm_video.c might be a better place to start.  You want
to let the XFree86 to rummage through the memory, doing PCI I/O.  Use:

#define DEV_MEM_IOBASE	0x30000000
#define DEV_MEM_IOSIZE	0x00010000

which is where fixed mapping of the pci i/o space is located in
microSPARC-IIep (the CPU in Krups and the only sparc32 with PCI, so we
can hardcode it).

Thanks for your tackling this.

SY, Uwe