Subject: Re: JavaStation Krups XServer does not start
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/16/2004 00:05:48
--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

* Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> [2004-01-23 15:01:44]:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 15:54:54 +0100, Tobias Schuepp wrote:
>=20
> > The problem is the XServer. I installed the XFree86 sets of 20040103.
> >=20
> > When i start Xsun or X or Xsun24 i got this error:
> >=20
> >   Fatal server error:
> >   Cannot open /dev/kbd, error 6
> >=20
> >=20
> > Is there a solution for this?=20
>=20
> Krups would need to use a normal XFree86 server, not Xsun.  But the
> Krups video card (IGA 1682) is not supported in XFree.  svga server
> might have a chance of working, now that X11 is cross-buildable
> someone can try that.  I really don't have time for this,
> unfortunately.

On an idle Sunday evening, I've just tried to do this.

The full crossbuild appears to have worked, (there appears to be a small
problem building the sets, but no matter), but I appear to only have the
usual array of XSun* servers, as I'm guessing there's some magic tucked
away that says on a 32-bit Sparc, there's no need for anything PCI
related.

Does anyone have an idea how I might proceed? I'm a bit confused as to
where to start looking. I was planning on trying the VESA driver, I
guessed that's what the suggestion was, although I'm not sure how
x86-centric that is.

If anyone has the time to point me in the right direction, I have the
CPU horsepower and a Krups to hit on this for a bit.

Cheers

Matt
--=20
"Phased plasma rifle in a forty-watt range?"
"Hey, just what you see, pal."

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN--