Subject: double head with X
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Olivier Cherrier <oc@karedas.cediti.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2004 11:47:47
    Hello,

I've just net-booted a 1.6ZI SS20 with 2 graphic cards.
From the dmesg:
cgfourteen0 at obio0 slot 2 offset 0x0 level 8: cgthree emulated at 1152x900x8bpp (console)
cgfourteen0: attached to /dev/fb
cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x0 level 9: SUNW,501-2325, 1152 x 900, rev 11
cgsix0: /dev/fb already full

The console is attached to the cgfourteen0 card (on the motherboard).

It is not very clear how I have to configure XF86Config. Have I to
use the /dev/fb device? If so, the X server is comming on the non-sonsole
card, ie cgsix0.
In the other hand, there is no /dev/cgfourteen0 device. Is the
/dev/cgfour0 file the device associated to cgfourteen0?

In the "Post installation steps" section of the INSTALL document, we
can read: "If you have installed the X Window System, look at the
files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc for information."  But, this directory
is empty on my box. (I untared every x*.tgz)

Also, I didn't find the XF86Config manpage. Am I on drugs? ;-)

For the rest, it works pretty well.

--
oc