Subject: Re: probably stupid question about cd-roms
To: Claus Kick <claus_kick@web.de>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/2004 22:43:38
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Claus Kick wrote:

>== extract from dmesg ==
>cd0 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, XM-4101TASUNSLCD, 1084> cdrom
>removable
>cd0: async, 8-bit transfers
>cd1 at scsibus1 target 6 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, CD-ROM XM-3401TA, 0283> cdrom
>removable
>cd1: sync (248.00ns offset 15), 8-bit (4.032MB/s) transfers

cd0 is internal, cd1 is external ....

>(first one is the SparcStation 20 internal cd-rom, the second one is a
>cd-rom I have in an external case, it is terminated correctly, obviously).
>
>okay, so I tried to mound cd0a to /cdrom and cd0b to /cdrom2.
>The thing is, it seems as if the external cd-rom is already mounted as
>/cdrom when I try to do that?

You're using cd0 in both of these mounts. I can't remember off hand how
'slices' map to the cd, but you'll want to mount cd1 on /cdrom2. cd0a and
cd0b both refer to the same device.

>Cheers,
>
>Claus

Christian

--
"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur"
  George W. Bush

    /"\
    / \