Subject: Re: Install problem SS5 / Mounted as read only.
To: pyrotek <pyrotek@internode.on.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2004 11:06:37
Thus spake pyrotek ("p> ") sometime Today...

p> Hello.
p>
p>
p> I have just installed Netbsd 1.6.1 for the first time on my SS5.
p> The problem I am having is I can do what the instructions say
p> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/sparc/INSTALL.html#Post%20install
p> ation%20steps
p> as stated there I need to /sbin/mount -u -w /
p> I do this off the boot cd in the bin/sh shell.
p> I get this error
p> mount: Cannot open '/etc/fstab': No such file for directory
p> If I try reboot normally I get a read only file system.
p> I am lost It could be something I am missing.. usually is
p> or something is wrong I don't know.
p> IF you need anymore info from me let me know but I would be really thankful
p> if someone could help me out here.

Try:

mount -uw /dev/sd0a /

	-or-

mount -uw /dev/sd3a /

				--*greywolf;
--
22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#11: During "The Two Towers," when the Ents decide to march to war,
    stand up and shout "RUN, FOREST, RUN!"