Subject: Re: hme sbus mac address question
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2004 15:07:05
Thus spake Manuel Bouyer ("MB> ") sometime Today...

MB> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 05:30:20PM -0600, Anthony Sofia wrote:
MB> > Hello all,
MB> >
MB> > I have a sparcstation5 with a qfe card in it. Each hme interface on this
MB> > card has it's own mac address which i confirmed in openboot, but it does not
MB> > appear our hme sbus driver supports using the local mac address, instead the
MB> > mac address of the system is used. Is there anything I am missing wrt using
MB> > the local mac address for each hme interface?
MB>
MB> I think this is somewhere in a faq on www.netbsd.org for the sparc port.
MB> Basically there's a openprom variable to turn on, something like
MB> local-mac-addr (I don't remember the exact name and can't check right now,
MB> sorry).

If this is the same conversation we had in IRC@EFNet:#NetBSD, he's already
done that -- it doesn't seem to help for some silly reason...

I didn't think it was necessary for the driver to pick it up; I thought
the driver just sort of got the necessary info from however the system
was configured without having to explicitly inquire.

				--*greywolf;
--
22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#10: When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"