Subject: stray interrupt problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Olev Hannula <olev.hannula@mail.ee>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/16/2003 14:52:42
I'm having lots of stray interrupts on my SS2 with current (had them
before, but now it is starting to anoy me). I get messages like:
stray interrupt ipl 0x5 pc=0xf019ae00 npc=0xf019ae04 psr=900001c0<S,PS>
stray interrupt ipl 0x5 pc=0xf00075d4 npc=0xf00075d8 psr=904000c7<S,PS>
stray interrupt ipl 0x5 pc=0xf00075dc npc=0xf00075e0 psr=904000c7<S,PS>

At first I thought they were related to my wireless card that is in my
nell sbus card, but yesterday I rebooted the machine with no card in the
pcmcia slot, at first everything seemed fine, but after the machine gets
some network activity the same thing (I even recompiled the kernel with
nell flags 1 so it would take the other ipl, no help). I guess the
problem is that these use the same ipl:
le0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0xc00000 level 4 (ipl 5)
le1 at lebuffer0 slot 2 offset 0x60000 level 4 (ipl 5)
nell0 at sbus0 slot 3 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 5) level 7 (ipl 9)

I am not sure that the change from uncommenting nell from generic to
changing it's flags ? to 1 would put it to the later ipl, but I can't
find a way of confirming that. Seems that with flags set to 1 I no
longer get that stray interrupt messages when using the wireless
interface (used to get them before with the default flags ?). But I
don't get these messages with the generic kernel, so I guess it is
either the nell or the FULL_SPARC_BUS_SPACE that is mixing things up. Is
there maybe a way to force the second le interface to some other ipl?

error messages @ http://www.bsd.ee/~olev/strange
dmesg @ http://www.bsd.ee/~olev/dmesg (currently has no wireless card,
but all else is the same)

If this stray interrupt message has no real purpose but warn (as far as
it seems to me, this is all it does, been running my machine for months
now with this kind of messages, and everything seems to be working ok),
then how to turn it off?

Olev