Subject: Re: JavaStation support completely in-tree now
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Gibson <montjoy@boxcar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/14/2003 16:44:23
On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 11:41:24AM +0000, Matt Dainty wrote:
> What exactly needs fixing?

Locations where I can find the files needed would be EXTREMELY helpful.
I've just used up an afternoon trying to find a ofwboot.net file that will
work.  All the ones I've tried give me an "Illegal Instruction".  I can
get the Linux kernel to boot on my Krups no problem.  If I need to cross
compile stuff from the sources that would also be useful info.  You listed
in your original email "You will need ... and a kernel created from the
KRUPS configuration."  Where is that kernel?  Where do I put it?  There
are some references in the docs to putting a kernel on the NFS server but
no mention of where it's looked for.  The docs also mention that the
ofwboot.net file that goes in the /tftpboot directory is the kernel.  I'll
admit to being a NetBSD newbie, but two kernels doesn't seem right.

BTW I can find no reference to the bootjs.elf file you listed in your
original post.  I'm assuming the ofwboot.net is the same thing?  Maybe
not???

Sorry if I sound a little frustrated.  I was looking forward to using
this since the linux port for the Javastation is pretty much dead.

Thanks for any info,
JG