Subject: Re: pthreads status in NetBSD/SPARC?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2003 08:39:15
> On 08.12.03, 08:10:21, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 08:11:53PM -0800, Greg Earle wrote:
>>> I've got a SPARCserver 20 with a ROSS HyperSPARC 180 and 224 Mbytes of RAM.
>>> I'm not too worried about it  :)
>
> Nice machine! :)

It'll be up for grabs soon - I'm waiting for my dual-300/512 MB/18 GB Ultra 60
(with 600 MHz Celeron SunPC II card) to arrive :)

>> The pthread_* stuff you cited is only in -current, not in 1.6.x.

Hrrm, which "pthread_*" stuff did I cite?

> However, if you want to continue running a release rather than
> bleeding-edge -current, you might want to use a more recent pth
> version.  2.0.0 has been in pkgsrc for a while.  Maybe that would work.

And I think I need a more recent MIT pthreads than 1.60b6.  (Is there a
much more recent version in pkgsrc that will run with 1.6.1?)

Well - let me put it this way: the code in question had a sigwait() in it,
and if I configured it to reference MIT pthreads, something else broke
in the compilation attempt.  I changed it to use pth_sigwait() instead,
and that made it build and run (i.e. by using pth), but with the results I
cited in my original message - the milter and sendmail didn't talk to
each other correctly.

Surely I'm not the first person to use a milter with sendmail 8.12.x
in NetBSD/SPARC - maybe someone else that has it working can tell me
which version of which pthreads package they built against?

	- Greg