Subject: Re: GCC3 troubles ...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2003 00:00:56
On 07.12.03, 23:39:51, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after bad performances I found w/ Povray, some peoples
> said it's perhasp caused by GCC 2.95
>
> So I rebuild POVRay w/ GCC 3.3.1 (build itself on my
> own SS5 from source) but unfortunatly, generated
> Povray only do crashes.

I've built povray on -current with the system compiler, which is
gcc 3.3.2.

Even though I used some more aggressive optimization options, the
build went ok and produced a stable binary, which rendered the
benchmark just fine.

I never tried gcc3 under NetBSD/sparc prior to 1.6ZE or so, at
least not to compile povray.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: The Last Bastion of the true UNIX Religion.
		-- Miles Nordin