Subject: Re: Configing incoming PPP connection and external serial modem
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/03/2003 15:29:22
[ On Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 22:48:15 (-0800), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Configing incoming PPP connection and external serial modem
>
> Maybe Gan's webpage at
> http://starling.us/gus_netbsd/gus_netbsd_mgetty_dialin.html
> can help you. It is titled "Mgetty for Dial-In and Dial-Out with NetBSD"
> and "Be your own dial-up ISP with NetBSD".

Using mgetty is not strictly necessary with NetBSD, at least not to
achieve proper interlocking between the getty and any dial-out use of
the same port.

(some versions of mgetty may offer better logging of caller-id values,
and better support for FAX modems, than the standard system getty
offers, though I think it would be nice to add such support to the
system getty)

--
						Greg A. Woods