Subject: Re: Performances ?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/28/2003 10:46:31
 --- Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> a écrit : > On
27.11.03, 19:55:42, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:

> Is that a 110MHz model? That's strange,

Yes. But I have some very small processes that
generate statistics about my web site in background
(they don't run during my 1st test) Normaly, they
don't take much time but perhasp they make POV
swaping. So I will remove them and remake my test.

> I submitted
> a result to
> the official benchmark site of a 85MHz SPARCstation
> 4, and it "only"
> took 49:39:19. It's currently ranked 206 out of 207
> on the official
> site.

(http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.php).

yes, I saw it :-)

> Btw., rank 207 is also one of my NetBSD machines, a
> HP 9000/433t,
> 33MHz Motorola 68040. It took 192:42:08(!).

I though it was an Amiga :-). Do you made some test
using GCC3 ?

> I shall soon also benchmark my Amiga (40MHz 68040).

Which binary you use ? Please note there is a port of
GCC3 now for AmigaOS (I duno if it can be downloaded
from Aminet or if it's on GeekGadget). If you want, I
can ask to the AmigaC mailing where you can got it.

I own an A4000/040@25 Mhz (standard CPU card made by
Commodore, with bad memory access time :-( ) but I
think the result will be bad because I have only 14 Mb
of memory.
I have also a A1000/010@7Mhz w/ 10Mb of RAM. I duno if
it's enough to build this POV scene (No MMU so it's
not possible to install virtual memory).

> I will refrain from
> benchmarking the IBM z50 (subnotebook running
> NetBSD/hpcmips), which
> lacks an FPU and will probably take several thousand
> hours.

It's cool to have benchmark of such old goodies ;-D

Bye

Lolo

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.