Subject: Re: SS10 netboot problems
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/27/2003 23:34:37
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 05:31:22PM -0500, Steven Grunza wrote:

> [...]
>
> This is a chicken-and-egg problem.  I can't build a new boot.net or kernel
> until I get NetBSD installed but I can't install until I get a new boot.net
> and kernel.  I don't know who is running the DHCP or bootp server that is

Note that if you have another box around running a reasonably standart
OS, you should be able to cross-compile. See BUIDLING at the top of
the source directory.
build.sh will make all the magic for you if provided with the right
parameters. Should work on any NetBSD box, and I know peoples also build
current on freebsd and linux.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>