Subject: Re: Booting a Krups JavaStation
To: NetBSD/sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/27/2003 22:06:29
--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

* Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> [2003-11-25 15:42:26]:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 18:47:41 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
>=20
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 15:21:22 +0000, Matt Dainty wrote:
> >=20
> > > I've just gotten a Krups JavaStation and I'm having a go at getting it
> > > to boot, so as per the docs, I'm looking for bootjs.{net,elf} but I
> > > can't find it. Anyone know where it's hiding?
> >=20
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/uwe/ has some old patches and
> > binaries for Krups.  I haven't booted mine recently, but I think they
> > should work.

Thanks. That seems to still work, at least bootjs.net did once I
upgraded my ISC dhcpd to actually pass the root-path option correctly.

The adventurous in me tried building a -current kernel, adding your
patch in by hand as it doesn't seem to apply cleanly any more. The only
part that doesn't make sense is the LOADADDR(a) chunk in
loadfile_machdep.h as 'offset' seems to have disappeared, but I appear
to have guessed correctly to just remove the '+ offset' bit. Everything
else fits straightforward.

> Actually, before I forgot.  JavaStations need a variant of pckbc
> driver that uses soft interrupts (b/c 8042 in them interrupts above
> splsched).  Any volunteers to write one?  I'm catastrophically short
> of free time.

I'm guessing this explains why I get dropped to the debugger directly
after pckbc has been attached when I boot with a head attached? Running
on serial console I don't get the same problem.

Matt
--=20
"The theory of Space and Time is a cultural artefact made possible by
the invention of graph paper."

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--