Subject: Problem booting cross compiled kernel on voyager
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Thorsten Nitsch <thorsten.nitsch@web.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/11/2003 07:39:55
Hello,

apologize if this appears to be a double post but I think the first one never made it to the list.

I assume that the fault is somewhere on my side but I have absolutely no idea what the mistake is.
I am trying to cross compile the sparc port of -current on my Sparc Ultra 5 running NetBSD 1.6.1 because I am still trying to set my Voyager up as a WLAN Gateway.
Then I followed the instructions in the NetBSD documentation for cross compiling

- Got -current through anonymous cvs
- Compiled the toolchain for sparc64 (build.sh tools)
- Compiled the toolchain for sparc (build.sh -m sparc tools)
- Compiled a GENERIC kernel with build.sh -u -m sparc kernel=GENERIC

I copied that to the Voyager running NetBSD 1.6 and booted the kernel -> Works

Now I activated the Nell support in my kernel config, added
options FULL_SPARC_BUS_SPACE, and activated the ne support for PCMCIA.
The config file is named VOYAGER, so I started another compile run
build.sh -u -m sparc kernel=VOYAGER

Trying to boot this kernel on the Voyager produces:
Rebooting with command:
Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma@4,8400000/esp@4,8800000/sd@3,0 File and args:

>> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.12
>> (autobuild@tgm.daemon.org, Mon Sep 9 08:12:32 UTC 2002)
Booting netbsd
2958664+94272+272708 [189776+153824Instruction Access Exception
Type help for more information
ok

This isn't my first attempt with the cross compilation, the last time I tried even the Generic kernel produced an error like the one above.
I still think that I am missing something, but what?

Every bit of help is very much appreciated
Thorsten
WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130