Subject: Re: SEGV with pkg_add on sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/2003 15:26:14
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:46:26PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

[...]

> Does it take a long time between the command start and the segv ?

Umhh, yes. But in SS2 world, wich is a 40MHz machine, a "long time"
has some different kind of meaning ;) I guess it`s about a minute.

When invoking "phoenix" after an install-attempt, the error occures
imediatly.

> Did you try increasing the shell's limit (unlimit for csh-like shells) ?

I tried to install the package from whithin both csh and bash, ulimit
set to unlimited. The shell did not sem to have any effect on the
error.

> Also you may want to try a 1.6.2_RC1 kernel. A serious bug affecting sun4c has
> been fixed since 1.6.1, which was causing random core dumps (but
> in you case it doesn't looks too random).

Actually it`s not random at all..

> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 24 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

cheers,
\end{kryz}

--