Subject: SEGV with pkg_add on sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2003 20:44:58
Hi Folks,

I just did a fresh install of 1.6.1 on my SS2 (xbox atached, 100MB
RAM, cgsix FB, custom-built kernel)

When I tried to install phoenix, the following error occured:

--- BEGIN SCREENSHOT ---

sunny:~/adm/pkg # pkg_add phoenix-0.5nb5.tgz
Segmentation fault
pkg_add: command 'env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix /usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix/regxpcom' failed
Segmentation fault
pkg_add: command 'env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix /usr/X11R6/lib/phoenix/regchrome' failed

$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.3 2002/12/23 16:10:59 cjep Exp $

PLEASE NOTE: You should create a new profile for Phoenix 0.5.

To create a new profile, start Phoenix by running phoenix -ProfileManager
and click on the "Create Profile" button. If you don't want to delete your
old profile and are willing to incur the risk of new bugs, you should at least
delete your profile's downloads.rdf file.

--- END SCREENSHOT ---

After that, the package is listed as installed, but when I try to
invoke "phoenix" from a command shell I only get a Segmentation Fault.

This behaviour is reproducable, including the SEGV during the
(re-)installation of the package.

Did anyone face the same problem, and if so, managed to figure out a
resolution?

Do I have to expect the same error with other packages?

TIA,

cheers,
\end{kryz}

--