Subject: SS20 class machine problems in 1.6.1 or current?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/2003 13:53:13
Are there issues in SS20 class machines in NetBSD 1.6.1
or 1.6-current that would cause instability in the scsi bus,
particularly as to reading of cdroms?  On most of my SS20
(and even SS5) machines, I am having problems in 1.6.1 or
current in reading the cdroms due to timeout errors and the
bus resetting.  I don't see this in 1.5.2, for example, or slowlaris
or OpenBSD.  It seems to suggest some possible scsi bus
timing issues, but I can't quite put my finger on it exactly.
All cdroms are standard sun things native to SS5/SS20 boxes.
At one time I was thinking it was due to termination issues,
but now, I am beginning to think not.

If anyone knows of such problems, or solutions, kindly
holler my way.

Thanks

Bob Keys