Subject: Building -current fails: Bad pAUX_base
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/22/2003 16:16:15
I've been taking my first stabs at rebuilding all of NetBSD from
-current source.  I sucessfully built and upgraded in place on i386,
(1.6ZC) but my attempts to build on sparc have met with little success.

I've successfully built the tools and a GENERIC kernel (1.6ZD).
Rebooting with the new kernel, I set about trying to build the rest of
the installation sets (./build.sh <various switches> build), but the
build fails at one point with

    Bad pAUX_base

I've seen someone else having this problem about a month ago, but so
far as I know either no-one else has the problem, or the solution is
still unknown.  (Maybe I CVS'ed at just the wrong time while a file
was being changed?)

Build host:  SPARCstation 5-110, NetBSD 1.6Q userland, 1.6T, 1.6ZD
kernels.

(Earlier attempts (1.6ZC) failed to build tools, or produced kernels
that panicked with kernel faults.  Eventually, the source tree got
corrupted.  I nuked it and only recently finished checking out the
entire source tree via anoncvs again--only to be greeted with the
above problem.)

Thanks for your input.
--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                      jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com
  http(colon slash slash)mylinuxisp(dot)com(slash tilde)jdbaker(slash)