Subject: Problems with mod_perl: Undefined symbol: ""
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Fuhrman <chris.fuhrman@tfcci.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/14/2003 15:04:30
Howdy,

Trying to install mod_perl from pkgsrc on an SS5 running NetBSD 1.6.1
Everything seems to compile okay, except that when I added the appropriate
entries to my httpd.conf and restarted apache I get this:

bash-2.05b# /etc/rc.d/apache start
Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so into server:
/usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so: Undefined symbol "" (reloc type = 12,
symnum = 13)
/usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I'm running apache-1.3.28 from pkgsrc and compiled libperl locally.  Any
ideas?  This has me stumped.

--
Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
chris.fuhrman@tfcci.com | Senior Software Engineer