Subject: Re: Problems building within pkgsrc
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2003 23:11:41
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 02:48:44AM +0100, Matt Dainty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to now install some packages from pkgsrc onto my 1.6ZC
> install on my SS20 and I'm hitting a rather odd problem, in that any
> package that relies on either header files or libraries installed by a
> requisite pkgsrc package are not found, despite the necessary CFLAGS and
> LDFLAGS apparently being passed correctly. However, when I run the
> failed step directly within the relevant part of the source tree, it
> works no probs.
>
> For example, I install net/openslp in the usual make/make install way,
> no problems occur. Then I try databases/openldap but when running make,
> during the configure step it comes to checking for the OpenSLP header
> files and fails. Examining the config.log created, I see the failed
> command as "cc -E -I/usr/pkg/include/db4 -I/usr/pkg/include conftest.c"
> with conftest.c containing basically just "#include <slp.h>". If I
> recreate that conftest.c and run the "cc ..." line manually, it works.
>
> The same then happens when I try to install freeradius, particularly
> regarding the LDAP backend, which fails due to not finding the ldap
> header files and libraries which have now been installed under /usr/pkg,
> again, running the failing commands manually fixes things, even though
> CFLAGS and LDFLAGS appear to be set correctly in the first place.
>
> Anyone know what on earth is negating the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
> variables?

Yes, it's buildlink. The include and lib files are copied to
..../work/.buildlink/, and the cc, ld, etc ... commmands are wrappers
that change the -I/-L to point to the buildlink directory.

Now you need to find why buildlink doesn't work properly. tech-pkg is
probably better for this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>