Subject: Problems building within pkgsrc
To: NetBSD/sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2003 02:48:44
--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

Hi,

I'm trying to now install some packages from pkgsrc onto my 1.6ZC
install on my SS20 and I'm hitting a rather odd problem, in that any
package that relies on either header files or libraries installed by a
requisite pkgsrc package are not found, despite the necessary CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS apparently being passed correctly. However, when I run the
failed step directly within the relevant part of the source tree, it
works no probs.

For example, I install net/openslp in the usual make/make install way,
no problems occur. Then I try databases/openldap but when running make,
during the configure step it comes to checking for the OpenSLP header
files and fails. Examining the config.log created, I see the failed
command as "cc -E -I/usr/pkg/include/db4 -I/usr/pkg/include conftest.c"
with conftest.c containing basically just "#include <slp.h>". If I
recreate that conftest.c and run the "cc ..." line manually, it works.

The same then happens when I try to install freeradius, particularly
regarding the LDAP backend, which fails due to not finding the ldap
header files and libraries which have now been installed under /usr/pkg,
again, running the failing commands manually fixes things, even though
CFLAGS and LDFLAGS appear to be set correctly in the first place.

Anyone know what on earth is negating the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
variables?

Matt
--=20
"Accept anything. Then explain it your way."

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF--