Subject: Re: -current installation problems
To: John Refling <refling@stanfordalumni.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/2003 22:53:18
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:17:30PM -0700, John Refling wrote:

> Install segfault problems have been in sparc for a long time...
>
> Someone suggested it might be in the tty or related code.

I don't remember that one....
The 1.6 sysinst (before I rototilled it - and before a change christos
made) would core dump 'randomly', but usually during file extraction
due to a bug in the code that runs external commands.

A bug during the early stages can (usually) be reproduced by running the
sysinst binary on a live system.  At least there is enough space for
a core dump!  I'll try that tomorrow.

Otherwise I'll have to see if the CDROM drive in my sparc system will
handle CDRW! - or can you netboot the install media?
(Most of the sparc systems I've used didn't have 'openboot' proms...)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk