Subject: re: Status of spif driver?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/2003 08:50:16

   My spif has a Cirrus Logic CL-CD180-10PC-C, seven UC5170CQs, and a
   PARADISE/WDC PPC2.

OK, the cd180 is the same as the ic in my sio16 card.  if you had a
spider cable, you should be able to use this code as a starting point
to get stuff going... the biggest problem i seem to recall about the
cd180 is that interrupts are handled strnagely - it depends on how
the hardware is wired up as to how you acknowledge the intr to the
chip.  a isa multiport serial card & the sbus cards i've seen use very
different methods - so the frontend has to deal with all this.  the
backend has i believe callbacks to deal with it in my code...

it's all very gross...

.mrg.