Subject: Re: Is "/dev/ttya" "COM 0" ?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/15/2003 10:08:55
On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:22:59PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> don't want to connect your UPS to that (though that depends on the
> sort of interface on the UPS).

Just for your info: I'm using ttya as console and ttyb to connect a APC
SmartUPS (with pkgsrc/sysutils/ups-nut) quite happily. They share the same
connector on my LX, so I had to solder a Y-shaped cable (with special case
handling for the UPS, since the APC cable had weired wireing, which, to my
suprise, differed from boths APC cable wireing nullmodem.com knew about)

But it works just fine, using /dev/ttyb.

Martin