Subject: Nell (Sbus/PCMCIA) driver and datasheet
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dustin Lang <dalang@cs.ubc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/05/2003 12:35:56
Hi,

I've got a SparcStation Voyager.  It's currently running Linux.  Sadly,
Linux does not have a driver for the STP4020 Sbus<->PCMCIA bridge, AKA
Nell.  Happily, NetBSD does have a driver.  The solution, you're probably
thinking, is obviously to run NetBSD on it.  However, for the project I'm
using this machine for, I already have a bit of Linux custom kernel code
written so I'm hesitant to migrate and have to rewrite it.  I thought I'd
give a whack at porting the NetBSD Nell driver to Linux.

Surprise, surprise, it is turning out to be harder than I originally
thought, largely because I can't find the chip datasheet.  There is a link
to it on Sun's web site, but the link is broken.  I found references to it
in old Sunsite mirrors, but couldn't find the actual file.

Does anyone have a copy of the programmer's guide for this chip?  (I found
the pin-level datasheet, but no register-level information...)

It used to live at www.sun.com/microelectronics/datasheet/stp4020 .

Thanks much!
dstn.