Subject: Clueless: netbsd on ss1000?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <sveinns@hi.is>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/10/2003 01:44:51
I have a sparcserver 1000 (1993 sparc machine, sun4d, XDbus, eight SM51
processors, about 2 GB RAM, etc.) which does currently not have any
operating system installed. I am not familiar with this kind of hardware,
other than having tried to install the various operating systems (other
than Solaris, no license) with no success.

How would I go about installing NetBSD on this hardware, given that this
machine has no floppy drive and does not boot from the sparc CD-ROM
provided on the NetBSD ftp sites? To what degree does NetBSD support these
machines?

Regards,
Sveinn B. Sigurdsson.