Subject: Re: How to hang differential scsi drive tray off single ended sun
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <p.boven@chello.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/2003 13:22:36
Hi everyone,

Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Tuesday, August 5, 2003 at 19:59:04 (EDT), Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote: ]
>
>>Subject: How to hang differential scsi drive tray off single ended sun sbe card?
>>
>>Does anyone know of any type of single ended to differential wide
>>adapter or controller that could be used to run a Sun RSM array
>>tray (7 drives differential scsi interface) off a Sun SBE scsi/ethernet
>>module of a sun4m or sun4u class machine?  I have this very nice
>>RSM array drive tray just sitting and wanting to really run on one
>>of my SS20's or Ultras.  I would hate to just part the trays out for
>>the sca drives, if they could be used whole.
>
> DEC made adapters that went from differential to SE so that you could
> hang a bunch of SE disks in a (bunch of) StorageWorks tray(s) off the
> end of a long cable.  I don't know if thoose converters are fully
> bi-directional and transparent or not though.

I have one of these DEC DWZZA adapters to connect my SunBlade 100
(Solaris 9, sorry folks ;-) with a SunSwift card to my Quantum DLT
2500xlt tape-loader. So I'm going from single-ended to differential,
works like a charm. I got the converter in trade for a SS5/85MHz, pretty
good deal alltogether.

Regards, Paul Boven.