Subject: Re: How to hang differential scsi drive tray off single ended sun sbe card?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/2003 10:50:16
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:03:18PM -0400, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:

> I don't think there is any opensource software that runs the one
> sun differential adapter that I am aware of.  The RSM 2000 array
> calls for a pair of those adapters to run the array from the host end.
> But, I was not thinking NetBSD (or any opensource stuff) ran those.
> I did see one adapter listed on the net.

I would be surprised is a differential controller would not just
work.  Really, the only thing that is different between hvd and se is
the physical interface to the scsi bus - the controller would have
exactly the same view of the bus.

> You raise an interesting thought about the DEC stuff, though.
> Maybe I should check those things out.

I rescued one of those things here at work - pretty funky device.
Still don't know what I am going to do with it but it is cool having
one... I know, hopeless geek ;-)

--
Brett Lymn