Subject: Re: How to hang differential scsi drive tray off single ended sun sbe card?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2003 21:03:18
In a message dated 8/5/03 8:50:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, woods@weird.com
writes:

<<
 DEC made adapters that went from differential to SE so that you could
 hang a bunch of SE disks in a (bunch of) StorageWorks tray(s) off the
 end of a long cable.  I don't know if thoose converters are fully
 bi-directional and transparent or not though.

 I think you'd be better off looking for a differential host adapter....

 --  >>

I don't think there is any opensource software that runs the one
sun differential adapter that I am aware of.  The RSM 2000 array
calls for a pair of those adapters to run the array from the host end.
But, I was not thinking NetBSD (or any opensource stuff) ran those.
I did see one adapter listed on the net.

You raise an interesting thought about the DEC stuff, though.
Maybe I should check those things out.

Thanks

Bob Keys