Subject: Re: 24bit display problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2003 15:27:46
(I was going to send this off-list, but this is the second person in a
short interval who's been interested, so I'll tell the whole list.)

> Sounds great!  I'd like to try your Xs24 server if it's possible.

It should be FTPable from ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca:/mouse/X/Xs24.
(The FTP server can gzip and bzip2 on demand; you're supposed to be
able to get Xs24.gz or Xs24.bz2, even though they're not shown in the
directory listing.)  If you have trouble, please let me know.

You likely will need to tweak the tcx driver in your kernel a little.
I had to patch mine, and, on looking over a moderm tcx.c, I find that
it has only some of the changes applied.  I'm not sure they're all
necessary, but at least a few are.  In any case, the patches I applied
are also up for FTP, from the same machine, in
/mouse/source-tree/patches/working/src/sys/arch/sparc/dev/tcx.c.  (The
tcx driver has since moved to sys/dev/sbus, which is where it really
belongs.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign