Subject: Re: What do these prom messages mean?????
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2003 11:42:23
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:

>I just picked up a Tatung Ultrasparc I 167mhz machine at a
>local computer club sale.  It gives me the following message:
>
>   Can't clear ESP interrupts:  Check SCSI Term. Power Fuse.
>
>I would think it has a blown scsi bus power fuse somewhere?
>
>Where?  I am not familar with this particular machine.
>
>Is there an online manual or pdf appropriate for this machine
>that I should download?

Not familiar with the machine, but the following google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=sun+scsi+fuse&btnG=Google+Search

Pulled up:
http://www.netsys.com/sunmgr/1998-10/msg00037.html

which looks to contain some handy advice.

In summary:
- Make sure termination is correct. Only devices at the ends of the bus
  should be terminated.
- If the fuse was blown by too many terminators, then having fixed the
  problem you could configure another device to provide terminator power.
  Most HD can provide power for the terminator with an updated jumper.

Finally, if all is lost, SBUS scsi cards can be had dirt cheap on ebay.
So just use another SCSI bus.

--
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

    /"\
    / \