Subject: Re: What do these prom messages mean?????
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2003 13:41:05
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:36:07PM -0400, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:

> I would think it has a blown scsi bus power fuse somewhere?

Sounds like it doesn't it?  They are easy to blow, especially if you
are hot {un,}plugging equipment.

> Where?  I am not familar with this particular machine.

Not sure with tatungs - if it was an original sun, look for a
cylindrical plastic device somewhere near the scsi bus.  The fuse does
not look like your standard 3AG with a metal cap at each end, oh no,
these ones have a couple of wire "legs" that both stick out the same
end - these plug into a little socket on the board.

> Is there an online manual or pdf appropriate for this machine
> that I should download?

Have a look on <http://sunsolve.sun.com/> and see if you can get some
documentation on the "real" sun model - Tatung may (just may) have
taken the Sun design and used that in manufacture.  The clone I have
looks pretty much the same as a real sun board, the only difference
are the peripherals (using 50pin narrow drives instead of SCA drives
used by Sun in the same model)

--
Brett Lymn