Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 GENERIC + "options DDB" won't boot (on my dual-CPU SS20)
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/2003 10:46:23
> OK, well I've tried everything I can think of to get a GENERIC kernel
> with "options DDB" added to it to boot but I've had no luck at all yet.

> Here are a couple of the example failures.  Note that it seems every
> type of exception or alignment error is possible:

Hmm, this sounds like the problem where the kernel load overwrites the memory
that the bootloader is running in.  At a guess, your DDB-enabled kernel is
just large enough to cause this.  Can you try changing the bootloader address
or using the current boot code?

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/