Subject: Re: Newbie problems installing NetBSD 1.6.1 on an SS10
To: None <csmith@micromuse.com>
From: Richard Liang <squixy@hotmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/26/2003 09:29:41
Thank you all so much for your help!  I have ceased tearing hair out of my
head in favour of watching the installer working on my SS10.  In fact it was
a termination issue: I looked and saw that the external SCSI stuff was not
properly terminated.  SOME, but not ALL, Sun stuff has auto-termination.
The CD drive, in particular, does not, and I had it last in the chain.  I
changed the sequence so that the hard drive came last, and now everything is
working.

Richard