Subject: Re: SPARCstation 1+ installation
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/17/2003 21:18:12
>> As a proud owner of four SS1's, [...]
> Me, too, with four IPCs and probably more in the coming.  [...]

In my experience, you can eliminate, or at least greatly reduce, the
effects of the bug by arranging that the system never needs to swap.
Load it up with RAM (max it out if you can) and don't load it to the
point where it has to push anything out of RAM.

Whether this is actually related, or is coincidence, or is a delusion I
fabricated, I couldn't say...but I certainly found them crashing more
when pushed into swapping.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign