Subject: Re: net booting an IPC
To: Gerald Richter <darklord@neonshadow.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2003 22:54:29
On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 08:14:17AM -0700, Gerald Richter wrote:
> What versions/distros hosting? What NBSD version booting? I've been
> trying against win32 and linux based for years and it barfs when the
> kernel goes to mount root. I've tried it against identical setups on
> half a dozen linux distros with the same results, well, I didn't verify
> what nfsd and version, but the config files were as specified in the

At last some time ago, there was a problem with linux NFS: it claimed
to do NFSv3, when it fact it couldn't. NetBSD will try NFSv3 first and
then fall back to NFSv2.
There is an option for mountd on linux to ask it to now announce NFSv3 support.
This makes NetBSD fall back to NFSv2.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>