Subject: net booting an IPC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter W Waterland <peter.w.waterland@stud.man.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/2003 11:35:20
Hi there my trusty IPC scsi hdd failed last week so I decided to
netboot it from my desktop..

no problem you say, but I am limited to wintel boxes only in the
network - i have managed to get rarpd and tftpd/bootp and even an
nfs server for windoze but its all for nought if i cant get a
bootparamd server!

Anyone know of anyway around this..the netbsd diskless howto is
of no use.

I would be grateful for any help on this one :) since I would finally
love to run my sparc without a very screechy and extremely
annoying scsi disk..alternatively (though not ideally) anyone know
anyway to spin down a disk when its not being accessed?

pete