Subject: Re: I Keep Getting Compiler Errors
To: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2003 17:33:08
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 04:49:24PM +0200, Chris Amthor wrote:
> Ah, I see. But I do not think this is a matter of resources. As
> mentioned in my initial posting, the system responds pretty well even
> while compiling. I use it as a workstation (thus the need for a

But these are per-process ressources, and are much lower than system
ressources. It's possible that the compiler reach its ressource limits, while
there are plenty of ressources free system-wise.

> webbrowser), und I sometimes keep on working on the machine while I
> compile packages. Even X runs without shuffling.
>
> There have been roumors about a bug in 1.6 that could cause this
> issue, but AFAIK, this bug only affects systems with SWFLUSH,
> i.e. IPC.

Yes, basically SS1, 1+, IPC and SLC. I've never had a compiler core dump
on SS2/IPX, while a kernel compile die pretty fast on SS1+

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>